Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Last, BUT Not Least...

 The last of our "Birthday Season" was February 25th!! It took me a while to get to this post for various reasons, one being we have had influenza at our house for the last 2 weeks and still making it's way through the family. To wrap up this season, until mine comes in April I am privileged to wish a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to...............................................................................................................

Tobias John... our sweet, sensitive, loving, passionate, funny, smart, crazy active and energetic boy turned who 8!! Where has the time gone? He was and still is our biggest boy. He was born at 10 lbs and 8 oz, not fat just a big boy. Today, he is very thin, but as tall as a 10 year old and out growing his clothes quickly.

Tobias loves anything Lego, military, computer games (which we limit a lot), active games, bike riding and swings.

Tobias is the child that while he might struggle with telling the truth himself at times, he deeply wants to know truth and be truth. He desperately wants those around him to display truth and justice. He also has a passion for life and is at times impulsive. He is similar to Peter's character in the Bible, who one moment is declaring the Lord is God,  and the next moment reacting in passion and justice in his own way, thinking that is what would be best. He didn't take the time to ponder what the Lord would want, when he swung his sword at the soldier cutting of his ear.. Tobias is our boy who just goes, who just does, who just impetuously does what he sees fit at the moment. He is learning and growing in wisdom. He is beginning to gain some self-control, albeit slower than this Mama would like most of the time. But I do see fruit. I do see the Holy Spirit moving in his heart and changing his ways.

He is very thoughtful at other times, laying in bed and pondering the gravity of his sin and asking me again to talk him through the gospel and teach him how to be saved. I just love this boy and I am so honored that God has asked me to be his Mother. I love that he keeps me thinking, he keeps me praying, he keeps me looking to God for answers on how to be a better mother. I love that he keeps me young, while at the same time ages me a little more when he jumps off something high that will likely hurt him, just because that is what he does and he doesn't realize it is dangerous.

I look forward to seeing what God has planned for this son of mine. I look forward to watching him grow up into a man, that will learn to control his flesh and learn to surrender himself to God, while at the same time be that warrior fighting for justice in our wicked world.

I love you so much Toby John.



No comments:

Post a Comment