Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

"Friends Forever"

A few weeks ago I had the greatest privilege of visiting a very long time friend of mine. We have known each other for almost 30 years, this September it will be. I can hardly believe how long we have stayed in touch. I moved away from my home state 20 years ago and have visited with her 2 times since leaving, but the last time was 17 years ago. I had some frequent flyer miles from our last trip to China and Jay encouraged me to take a little trip all to myself and see her. We both figured it would be many months if not years that I could do that again after Elliana and Isaiah come home this June.

The whole trip cost me $5, which you really can't beat. The best part was I got to spend 2 1/2 days with my sweet friend and her precious family. I wish we didn't live so far apart, but talking on the phone every other month helps us stay connected. This little visit was just like old times. We even reminisced how silly we were in Junior High and High school. In Junior high we were very close and then had to separate at high school and go to different schools. We laughed at how much we cried that last day of school, so sad we would "never see each again"...Then we ended up working together at 3 different retail companies through high school and stayed close. She was my Maid of Honor at my wedding.

I titled this "Friends Forever", because when we were growing up it was the in thing to call your friends your "Best Friend" and then a few months later not talk to them anymore. So in order to avoid this she would not let me say that, so I would just say "Friends Forever". I even got a little music box engraved for her that said that and she gave me a bracelet.

Mary Nora, we are Friends Forever. Today I feel even more honored to call you my friend. Thanks for being there for me all these years.


No comments:

Post a Comment