Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Prayer for Asher

Today Asher will be having his lip and nose reconstruction. Please pray with me.

Lord God, I lift up my precious son, a gift from you. Today he is having surgery in a just few hours. Lord, you know his needs, you know how to comfort him and give him peace. You know how to give our wonderful, gracious doctor (who loves you as well) a steady hand and wisdom. You know how to soften the hearts of the medical staff to have understanding and compassion for our son. You can do all these things

Lord, help Asher to not feel fear and anxiety, as he typically does with medical procedures. He has had a small cold the last few days and I am also concerned that might make things more uncomfortable for him, please heal him right now.

 I am up early as I can't sleep very well, so many thoughts and concerns on my heart. I ask for my clarity of mind, strength in the coming days as I comfort and nurse him, and ability to be "Mommy" in a patient, loving way to the rest of my children. 

Our Healer God, I pray that he will not have much pain post-op and that he will not scar (he scars very easily and quickly). I pray that he will not get stomach sick as he did last surgery and that he will be able to eat and drink. I ask you to he keep his hands off the surgery sites. 

I ask Lord our Comforter, that he would not have the previous sleep problems we had with the last surgery and he would not have the waking anxiety he had for the weeks that followed that surgery. Lord My God, heal his soul from past trauma and pain, that is so deep only you can see and you can touch.


He is an amazing child, a treasure, a light for your kingdom. I ask you to hold him in the palm of your hand today and forever. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment