Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Two, Precious, Latvian Children



This is "A", whom we have been hosting, and "D" whom we housed at our home for 4 days when her host family was sick with the flu. I will share more about "D" in a bit. 

"A" and "D" have become fast friends.  She and "A" put together this Latvian song for us one night. (Sorry it is sideways on the video, but it was so sweet I had to share it anyway.)

Please consider hosting a child from another country, especially a child that needs a forever family. And even more importantly please remember that God's heart IS for the orphan. So if that is God's heart, shouldn't it be ours? We are to love them, care for their needs, take them in and be the father to fatherless. Please consider adopting. There are so, so many orphans and if we all adopted just one.....we would make such a change.

If you just can not adopt, then hosting is so wonderful too. You give these children a hope for something they may have never seen or believed. You could stay connected to them through prayer, letters, maybe even Skype after they leave your home, or even better yet host them again year after year until their forever family finds them. It might just be something that will keep them strong when things are so hard, when life seems too much of a burden. 

I for one am broken hearted already thinking of sending "A" back to his country next weekend. He has quickly won our hearts and been a huge part of our family for the last month. We have all come to love him so much and he us. There will be many tears when we say Goodbye. However, I hold on to God's promises and my faith is strengthened. I know that God has wonderful plans for this precious boy and for "D" who also holds a special place in our hearts. 

One thing that grew my faith is that "D" was one of the 4 children that I looked at (out of probably 40) "A" was the only boy and then there was two sisters but I wasn't sure I wanted two young sisters with our houseful.  But "D" was one of the main prospects that my heart was drawn to hosting. We ended up choosing "A" but the Lord brought her to our home even though we didn't choose her. We were so blessed by her. She is such a sweet, fun young lady who became "sister" with my girls quickly. I am going to miss her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment