Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Lenea

 I can't believe it has been 6 years already since Lenea was born. What a wonderful joy she has brought to our family and to my life specifically. She is the one who says to me almost every day,
"Mommy, I just love you so much and I can't stop saying it!", while the same time giving me a big hug. It melts my heart and I just want time to stand still.


My oldest "baby" from my tummy turns 22 in just a few days and then my youngest is now 6. Time is just going so quickly. I have some moments where I just wish I could close my eyes and relive just an hour with them as a baby in my arms, protecting them, snuggling them and keeping the bad away from their hearts. 

Most of the time I don't have time to think about that though, as I have 3, almost 4 little 3 year olds that need me so much and even though they aren't technically infants they are in many ways.

But Today, I celebrate Lenea Maureen...my joy, my sweetness, my baby girl gone so big all of a sudden. She starts school away from home in just a few weeks. It is not homeschooling the way I have done all the siblings before her and there is some bitter sweet to our decision. However, I know it was she needs and what is best for our family today. And she is SO excited to go to school like her older siblings do. 

On a side note, Eliza is coming back home to do school with me, which I am so excited for as well. I have also decided to bring all the kids home on Wednesdays, where we will do their "homework" altogether at home. It will give them a time for my "home time" together, Makenna and me less driving, and some practice with our homeschooling schedule again. It is my heart's desire to homeschool some day altogether again, so we will see. For now, I love our private tutoring school in our church. It really has been a huge blessing and help to our chaotic schedule. All of our children are catching up in areas they were behind in and them some more.

Here are some photos of Birthday Girl!! She had
to go the allergist for shots today, bummer..but she did get to go ice skating, have lots of presents, pizza and brownies and strawberry ice cream for dinner as well as an extra special birthday call from Tyler and Emily.  I would say her day was a huge blessing. Happy Birthday Sweet Lenea. May I have the wonderful privilege of spending many more New Year's Eves celebrating your birthday. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate.









1 comment:

  1. Great fun that Emily got to be in the skating picture! She was excited to see your family there!

    ReplyDelete