Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

USCIS Approved US...

I still am in amazement! Today we received our approval from USCIS (immigration) to adopt another child from China. 

Right now the process for new applicants is taking almost 3 months. Since we are only applying for an amendment to our current approval I wasn't sure what to expect. I new it shouldn't take 3 months, but maybe 1 or 2 months max. So when it showed up today, after only 2 1/2 weeks I was very surprised and praising the Lord.

Now we will be sending it to our agency who in turn will authenticate it along with 2 other documents. That process takes about 2 weeks. After that, everything will be sent to China. I am so excited that things are moving so well. God has been so good to us. 

We have an opportunity to apply for a grant. However, the due date is November 15th. We feel as if a door has opened for this grant, and we should walk through. I originally felt as if we would not apply for grants this adoption and not really tell anyone our needs, just trust the Lord to provide as He always has. But then I have been told to apply for this grant, so I am going to take my husband's advice and apply for it and see what happens.

Anyway, just wanted to share our news. Each little step in this long wait for our little girl is always happy news in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment