Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Another Birthday!

We have a 10 year old in the house, what a wonderful age!!

 Moriah Ann, born on February 7, in the middle of the day. I am so blessed to be the mother to this amazing daughter God gave me.  Moriah Ann is a precious, gentle and compassionate girl. She can also be very tough at times, wrestling her brothers and falling down with barely whimpering.

Moriah LOVES animals and little ones. She is often the chosen playmate for littles. She is patient with them, lets them choose what they want to play, and  always has a giggle or hug to share with them.
She is often called, "Mo-Mo". When she was born, 2 year old Jacob had trouble saying her name, so he began calling her "Mo" and we also started "Mo-Mo" then too. Both nick names have stuck, even friends call her that at times. I like to call her my "Mo-me Ann" as well, just for fun.

Moriah tends to be quiet and reserved, but she can still be a lot of fun. Because she is more quiet than the rest of the  children, when she has something to say it is important to really take the time to listen. She loves to play outside with either bike and scooter riding, soccer or shooting baskets. Some might  consider her a little more tomboyish than some girls, but not totally. I signed her up for worship dance and ballet this last year, and I think she is secretly really enjoying it.

She wanted to grow her beautiful blond hair longer and she hates it when I trim it. However, she hates the tangles too! But it is past the middle of her back now. She has always had an easy time at growing her hair longer. I think it will really thicken up as she grows up more.


On our girls' 10th birthdays we have a tradition of buying a doll house kit they could make with Daddy. Because Moriah wasn't a big doll girl, even though she likes them it just wasn't her chosen play thing, I wasn't sure if she would like a doll house. So I had to ask her what she thought. She wasn't so sure at first and just told me her typical answer of, "I don't know". I told her she needed to choose as I didn't want to buy it for her if she would rather not have it, but I didn't want to not buy it if she thought some day she wished she had gotten one. It was easy with Makenna and Eliza as they always loved dolls and I can tell Lenea will want one too as she begs to play with her older sister's doll houses all the time. For Moriah, she needed to take some time to think about her answer. She said to me, "Well, I don't want to choose the wrong answer I might regret." After a week or so I asked her again and she did indeed decide she wanted one. Instead of buying her a fancier one like Makenna and Eliza got, I bought her a cute little "Beachside Bungalow", they call it. Daddy is going to start helping her build it this weekend.

For her dinner she asked for Fiesta Stack (which is a favorite family recipe like a flat, baked, layered burrito) and Peanut Butter Pie for dessert, YUMMY!! Moriah can't want for Isaiah and Elliana to come home. She was the first older sibling that Asher allowed to play with her, likely for the reasons I said above and she gave him his space, waiting for him to take the lead in the relationship. I know she will be even more practiced now with the two new toddlers coming home. I can't wait to see the relationships grow.

Happy Birthday Sweet Mo-me Ann, I am so thankful to be your Mommy. I love you the mostest sweet girl. Yes, I love YOU the mostest, I loved you first.






No comments:

Post a Comment