Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lenea's Life Decisions


Lenea insists (after watching a very non-graphic birth from Moody Science Video) that she does not want to get married if having a baby is like that. I must say while it was real footage, it was mild and nothing was shown at all. She asked me if having a baby hurt and I said "yes, it does hurt, but it is worth it and they do have medicines to help take away the hurt"..(sorry I don't have issues with medicines or epidurals to help mothers.  I have educated myself and have had all types of births, including natural, by choice).

So this is our little recording of her saying this. However, she badly wants to be a Mommy. In fact, she just told me yesterday, "Mama, I wish, wish, wish I could be a Mommy Now!" (with much emphasis and impatience in her voice.) I told her God did not intend for 5 year olds to be Mommies to real babies, but she could practice on her dolls and by being a wonderful big sister. 

So since have her own baby is out of the question in her mind, she has decided she wants to adopt from China. She wants to adopt a boy Toby's age and a baby girl. In fact, when we shop at stores she actually looks for stuff to buy them now and asks me if I can buy them today. I tell her she will be able to get many things and I will buy her many things when she does adopt her children.

She also has decided that she does not want to drive. One time I was taking a meal to a friend, whom I had never visited before. It was dark and the house was a little challenging to find. Lenea was along for the ride. I implied that we were lost a little bit and she must have gotten very scared. I was just talking out loud and didn't even realize the impact it had on her. After we left the friend's house (it just took about 2 more minutes and a turn around to get there ) Lenea asked me "What if we were to be lost and never find our way back home?" I assured it that would not happen and that I wasn't really that lost, just confused on what I wrote down for directions. She soon replied that she didn't want to drive ever because she was too afraid that she would get lost. I asked her who would drive her to get the stuff she needed for her babies? She told me "Daddy".. I said "What if Daddy is at work?" she said "Toby" (as Toby says he will always live at home in our basement.).. I said "What if Toby has to work?" she says "you will drive me".. I said "okay, I would love to".. 

Sweet little five year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment