Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fundraiser Update

Sunday, May 5th we had our big Dinner, Silent Auction and Ultimate Jumper Fundraiser. I haven't had time to post about it before today because I was so busy preparing for it. We planned it all in 3 weeks. Whew...what a huge amount of work we had to do: planning, making flyers, inviting, asking businesses for donations (a BIG thank you to my handsome husband for doing that job!), finding help, buying food, making food and then actually having the event.

The Lord blessed us with a lot of support from our church. There was at least 15 people available just for the event to run the registration table, the auction, the kids games, the food and clean up. Then we had about 10 friends who helped with the food too! We ended up with a little over 100 guests. We had no idea how many friends would come. We made enough food for 200, so there was a lot left over but that was better than not having enough.

It began at 4:30 and our good friend Ron, who owns an Ultimate Jumper brought that for an added bonus of fun and fundraising.  We had games and candy for kids. Then we had a fabulous taco bar with beans, rice and cookies for dinner. We were blessed with almost 90 donations for the auction. Almost all of them sold. I think we have about 15 left which I am still trying to sell too. The end of the evening ended up with Jay sharing a few minutes about our adoption journey and our hearts desire to be all God's wants us to be as parents. We showed a few photos of our soon to be sweeties and then we prayed.

We were so blessed. Thank you Jesus, we give you all the glory. We ended up with $2,966 dollars and more to come as I sell the rest of the donations.

Here is a few photos. I wish I took more, but I was quite distracted and the night just flew by.

Two of my dear friends Lorisa and Lisa, and little Vivi

No comments:

Post a Comment