Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What DO You Want for Christmas? Part 2

I would pray that first and foremost, we all would want Jesus fully living in us. I invite Him to do that, because I deserve nothing. I only want Him, my Creator, my Savior, my Hope, my Redeemer, my Lover, my Healer, my Comforter, my Father God...He deserves all of me, so "Here I Am, Lord!"..


My second desire is that all the fatherless, precious, innocent children around our world would have a family, a real family to give them all the security, love, and blessings a family is meant to give them. I am not for everyone or just anyone to adopt. I believe God has called Christians to adopt. However, I do realize that non-Christians do a wonderful job at adoption and parenting, but I am not speaking to that group of people. So if you are not a Christian, please know I am not judging you and I am not even addressing you. I respect you for loving those orphans too and giving them a home.

I don't think every "Christian" is prepared and/or willing to adopt a child or become a parent. From my personal experience, I know without a doubt that God Can and Will prepare you as a Christian parent to adopt a child or parent any child, for that matter, IF you are willing to let Him guide and lead you. If you are willing to die to your fleshly ways of being a parent. I know His Word is true and He does not lie. And he commands us to take care of orphans and sees that is a pure religion:

James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."

So, anything from that scripture may not mean specifically for each of us to adopt an orphan. However, it just might mean that too. And with over 150 million orphans in our world, how can we just ignore their "distress"? I realize this scripture is also referring to widows and we do need to help that widow who is taking care of the fatherless children. They go hand in hand. So our prayers should not just be, (which is what mine used to be), "Father, I pray for the needs of these widows, these fatherless children, and the ones who have no parents at all. I ask You to take care of them and provide for their needs." etc.. etc...etc...

Of course, He will take care of the "fatherless", but He tells us us to be His hands and His feet. There are scriptures, looking at the Bible as a whole that tells us more:


Proverbs 31:8-9 "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed."

Matthew 18:5 "And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me."

Psalms 82:3-4 "Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."

With that in our minds, shouldn't our prayers be more along the lines of, "Father, I know your heart, I know there is a real need, I can't ignore. What do you want Me to do about it? How are you wanting Me to speak up, ensure justice, defend the cause, maintain the rights, rescue the weak, deliver, and welcome them? I am yours to do with however you desire."

This prayer is different as we are telling God that we are willing to be the ones to sacrifice our comforts, securities, finances, etc. in order to follow His commands and be His heart. We aren't just asking God for Him to do it or someone else on His behalf.

Here are some real needs around our world, all about children, orphans:

In many European countries: Bulgaria and Ukraine are two of them, they are so poor that they make only a few dollars a day. Therefore the abandoned and orphaned children, especially the ones with "Special Needs" (Down's Syndrome, Neurological Conditions, deafness, blindness etc) are put in "Baby Houses" until they reach a certain age (often age 5 or so) and then they are "Transferred" where they will be put into a mental institution. Sometimes the  care in those mental institutions are worse than most pets receive in American homes. 

It is not always because the workers do not love and care for the children within their hearts,But rather because they live in such a desperate, poor state that they just manage as they are able. The children are starving, humiliated by often laying in fetal positions naked in their own waste, and neglected because there isn't enough help.This is NOT something we should be ignorant to any longer. It is not something we should turn a blind eye to. This IS what God means by the weak, helpless, fatherless voiceless children.



 



I have been reading blogs of many families lately on adoption. And there are families that are being awakened and stirred to adopt some of these dear children. When you read the testimonies of the ones already adopted it is a miracle. God will bring these children to light out of darkness and despair. He will heal them, but again He is needing us to make the difference in the lives of voiceless children.

For my Christmas, I want more of these sweet children adopted. I want them out of those filthy, lonely and disgusting circumstances. Please pray that God would show you how you are to respond to these sort of issues. Again, I know not all can adopt for various reasons. I do know we can NOT just sit and say we are praying for them and leave it at that. We must be broken for them.

Here is a website, called Reeces Rainbow that has some resources if you are interested in finding out more and how to help these little ones. It also has a listing of all the Waiting Children that could very well die if they are not chosen some day by a family. Please pray for Christmas Miracles for the least of these.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to say that we are one of the lucky families that is adopting one of the precious little ones from RR. I ran across your little girl "Elliana" and I HAD to comment. That's my little girl's name and (I'm sure you are aware of this based on some of your other children's names) it means "My God has answered me." Good luck bringing your sweet ones home!

    ReplyDelete