Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Satan's Tactic and Unexpected Blessings

So, this week we have still haven't gotten our finger print appointment for immigration, although the mail hasn't come in today, so it could still be today. I really prayed it would be here by this week and had faith it would so we could go on Wednesday to get them done. It seems within a couple weeks of getting printed you get approved and with the holidays in the works, my plan was to move as quickly as possible.

My heart has been so aching for our 2 little babies this week.  I know it is God using this time to help me already to begin bonding and attaching to two toddlers I have never met. My prayers are not worthless, He is at work in all of this, even in the timing.

Satan has tried to discourage me this week, but I am joyfulling going to proclaim I will NOT listen to his noise. I KNOW without a doubt that God is working through this adoption and protecting our two babies and going to make a way for us to get to them and bond with them. I will share more good news about that in a bit.

We have had sickness in our home for going a month now. My husband and I even got a bad case of bronchitis that has kept us up at night for 2 weeks, but the antibiotics have already almost wiped it out. The thing is that my kids aren't totally over it yet. Even Asher got sick and has had some sleepless nights, but he is doing better the last couple. My oldest daughter had it at the start  4 or 5 weeks ago, and then last night she seems to have come down with something again. She is not the only one like that; it is either manifesting in secondary infections or we got a whole new virus going through again. 

Then the other morning Makenna's newish car (we just bought in June, but is is 12 years old) seems to have a transmission that died. We just replaced the ignition part on it last month and the mechanic said all looked good. But when it is spilling transmission fluid every where (which she did not know) and then doesn't start, it is not a good sign. We are getting it towed to the mechanic today and he will work on it. But we don't have the money for it until next payday in two weeks and that money was supposed to be for our December adoption fees that are due.

So with these few little annoyances that are coming from Satan and his attacks it could be easy to get discouraged. But I am learning that God wants me to roll with the punches and not waiver in my walk. If hard things come my way, which they should if I am a believer in Christ, then I should expect it and still stand firm in the Lord, on the Rock. I should actually be joyful in it all, knowing God is mightily at work in my life. That is an amazing thing that the God of all nations loves me that much to make me into His masterpiece. I don't deserve it.

 I have had times in my life where I would stress over difficult things. I would quiver over life's hurricanes thinking I could not survive. I would fall to my knees if my children were not doing what they should, imagining they would eventually walk a path of destruction for good. It is funny to admit today that I felt that way, because Jesus was always there. He was in the boat with me when life brought a storm. He knew that Satan was putting doubt and fear in my mind. He is always there for me to call out to, and just like he did for the disciples He will come and rebuke the storm, rebuke Satan and show His glory. Why should I fear these attacks? Why should I fear even death. Death's sting is not in actually dying, because I will end up with Christ, which sounds wonderful to me honestly. But the sting is when we don't have faith, and we don't know where we are going to go. I know where I am going and honestly I can't wait to get to my true home. I feel like a foreigner on this earth, for good reason.


As far as the car, well we don't have the money today, but hopefully we will in 2 weeks. We will keep praying for God to provide for those agency fees another way. I did sell $75 worth of stuff yesterday that we have been wanting to sell. And another sweet family gave us $100 for our adoption.  Then a wonderful family at Makenna's school has a 2nd car that they are letting her borrow for now so I don't have to take her back and forth to school every day. Not only is it a nice car, but it is nicer than we could every afford. She is driving in style and getting very spoiled. God is already working out details.


So, I still have faith that those finger prints will get done in a timely way and that immigration approval will come by December and we will be logged into China in December. I am beginning to pray that we can leave for China that last week of May. It seems to be an ideal time. Makenna will just have graduated school and it will be a week before Elliana's 3rd birthday. How I so want to celebrate her birthday with her. 

Then as far as Isaiah, I have some unexpected blessings and answers to prayers that we just received about him in the last 24 hours. I have been asking for an update through our agency for weeks and still have had nothing. I recently joined the yahoo group for his orphanage. Yesterday I decided to finally introduce myself and ask if anyone else had trouble getting an update and if anyone would be traveling soon to the orphanage and get some photos of our boy. Within an hour of posting that I heard from the owner of Fulingkids.org which is an organization that sponsor the children in his orphanage and educates the Aunties (Nannies) how to better take care of the children. It seems like a wonderful group of people.

 Anyway, the lady told me she thinks she saw Isaiah in July 2011 (when he was just 11 months old) and she fell in love with him AND she had photos of him. She asked if it was him. I wasn't exactly sure as the couple we have him, did look similar but not exact. However, when she looked at the photo I had and I told her his name, she was sure it was him. She was very happy. She too had gone on a trip in April 2012 and was worried when he wasn't there because he was having his 2nd surgery. So she was able to tell me that her first trip how responsive he was to her and how much she loved on him. Then the other partner for Fuling Kids emailed me as well and said that she had been to the orphanage in June 2012 (just a few months ago) and that Isaiah is doing beautifully. She said he was VERY active, although not quite walking yet, but almost. She said he did whatever he could to get their attention and he was very cute and loveable. She also sent me photos from that trip and he is smiling!!





 Isn't he precious? I am also very happy to report that I heard about the tying of the legs in the photos I saw earlier. She assured me that they ties were not on tight and she changed many diapers and the children did not have any scars or sores from them. It truly was just to hold on the diapers and my initial assessment of it was incorrect (although I have heard truth in some orphanages but not his).

It seems to that Fuling Kids regularly goes to his orphanage and actually have a partnership with them that they get to primarily train and educate the Aunties on the best way to care for the children. It sounds as if he is in excellent hands as far as orphanages can be. So our daily prayers that someone will love on him is what I know we will get. Look at his smile, it is obvious he is loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment