Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Our Sweet, Feisty Little Girl

Adelia has been with us for 17 months now. It feels like yesterday but then at the same time she was always here. Funny, how love and time make it feel like a person belongs in your life.

God is so gracious and kind to give us this sweet and feisty girl. Adelia, or Addie as she is most often called, is so smart. She has learned English so quickly and loves to do school. She definitely has strong opinions about everything. She is a peace maker (well most of the time). She loves to worship God. She has a beautiful voice. She is strong. She is kind-hearted. She has the most amazing smile and sparkling eyes. She is a fighter, in the most positive ways, she stands up for what is right and she works hard at doing the things that are hard for her to do. I truly love this girl with all my heart.

I am so thankful to have her big hugs and sweet words. We have been "writing" notes in a journal to her foster parents. She has been grieving them something fierce. Yesterday she told me to write that she loved and missed them (which is typical) and she added that she has a new friend. I asked who was her friend and she said "mama, you are my new friend". Oh, I felt such love toward her and our God, for helping she and me to bond. I am attaching the video I finally completed of her adoption and days here with us these last months. The photo you see at the airport with me meeting her, for the first time she held onto me is monumental. From that moment forward, it has honestly been that way. I am so praising God for doing that and answering my prayers so abundantly in our relationship. I am not saying there hasn't been hard days. We have had some difficult ones for sure. I already worry about her teenage years ahead sometimes LOL. But she is My Daughter, through and through, and I give God all the glory.

Adelia Adoption Video

1 comment:

  1. You have a way with words and oh such a heart!! What an amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete