Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

They Are Almost Home

I am sorry I didn't give the expected update when Jay was travel to get Adelia. Life just got so far away from me. Here are some of the big reasons:

1.We have some medical issues we have been dealing with in some of my children.

2. We are selling a house (had one contract that fell through, got a 2nd one 48 hours later).

3 Packing to move into a temporary rental for 2 months in Aug and Sept at least, and then hopefully moving into our last, and completed new house in October.

4. We have been hosting our sweet, 12 year old boy from Latvia since the middle of June. Sadly he leaves August 8th. I wish he did not have to go back.

5. Then of course the biggest news of adopting Adelia.

Jay left on June 20th with my 11 year old Moriah. I literally packed their stuff beginning 48 hours before they left, which is not my typical scenario. I just am finding that sometimes I have to let things like that go more and just trust that God has given me bigger priorities. Plus, there are stores in China and credit cards and a guide to help shop if I forgot an essential.

So I have been a single mom to 9 children for 13 days which is very hard, rewarding and focused work. But it is exhausting too. I am thankful and blessed to have the awesome help and support of my 3 teens. They cook, clean, babysit, hold crying kids, read stories for bed time, mow lawns, take out garbage, play games with littles, and then sit with me at the end of the day and share stories and dreams with me. I LOVE My kids. I am so blessed.

Well in about 15 minutes I head to the airport to pick up my handsome husband and amazing father, my sweet, selfless 11 year old and my new, spunky and confused 3 (almost 4 year old ) daughter from China.

She did Skype with me (well watching me and saying a few Chinese words to the computer screen). But she did say "bye bye Mama" one time with a big smile! She also watched a couple of short videos of me over and over and over again. Jay said she would get upset if it had to be turned off. So at least she will know my voice.

She seems to be doing well. I am a bit nervous how she is going to accept me after beginning to attach to her new Baba (Daddy). However, I know that God will give me patience, endurance, love and wisdom as I learn to parent her and understand her. I know he will help us bond forever. Your prayers are so appreciated.]

Here are a few photos I received from Jay while he was in China.

 The most nervous time for parent and child. "Gotcha Day" it is indescribable and so precious. She did cry for a bit, but not too long.


 She liked the toys I sent her, thankfully. Reluctantly going with her new "baba".


Adoption Day~ She is ours forever!!





Playing on the bed with some new toys. Her foster family told Jay that when she throws a fit to give her a new toy or buy her a dress. Apparently she was spoiled ! (he got to meet them and let her say goodbye, which was hard on her but we believe will help her too. We have video of them blessing her and telling her to go with her new Baba. She cried when she left but then was over it soon later)

Sitting with Daddy at breakfast time.

On the way to the airport from province.

Now she is an official US citizen!!


1 comment: