Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Our "Labor" Day Project

After the big "storm" from a few weeks ago we knew it would be time to repaint our house as well. It has been almost 10 years and I don't think they greatest paint was originally used when we bought the house. 

After much looking around at other colors of houses I liked and looking at many swatches I decided on a color called "Rustic Suede" at Lowes. Several people suggested Home Depot paint over Lowes, but I just could not find a sample of that same color. 

It is a darker grey. Some greys have a bluish hint, some have a greener hint, some of them look almost black, some of them look like dirty water. I wanted this one and Home Depot just didn't having what I wanted. So hubby said, "Let's just go with Lowes, their paint should be fine."

He bought a small can and put it on one spot (Jay surprised me one day when I was out shopping) and I loved it. I knew that was exactly what I wanted. So 15 gallons of paint later, the painting  has begun. 

We also put primer on first. I know the paint has primer in it. However, the fence guy who cleaned and refinished our fence after the storm noticed that because we have aspen trees there was mold deposits on our fence. He also found some around the house. He suggested when we paint we use primer first, as just the paint/primer mix alone would not kill the spores and he said they would come through the paint. So we took his advice and primed first. 

My strong, handsome and hard working husband has done so much. Honestly, I only helped paint for about 2 hours. Yes, we are hand painting it. All the children from Lenea on up have helped some too. We were also blessed with 5 young ladies from church today for a few hours. And with 3 days of working almost non-stop for my husband the house is only about half done. But it looks awesome! I can't wait until it is all done. Have I told you how much I love my husband? Thank you honey, you Rock, even with your sunburned calves.


 My handsome husband..


 What color is our house? We have the original light green, the white primer and a sampling of the grey.
 Lenea wanted to help too. She was covered when she was done, but she had fun.


 Mo helping as usual.


 Toby loved being a big helper too, but he was more covered than Lenea was.. It will be days before all the paint is off of him.


 Eliza, you are getting too big , too fast.. where has the time gone? Thanks for all your service to our family.  
Makenna and Jacob helped a ton too, I just don't have photos of them.
Here is the end of the day today the front of the house. Do you like our new garage door too? That was pretty dinged up from the hail so insurance gave us a new one. I love it.


2 comments:

  1. Great Job!
    Cintia
    Blogger, A Saving Love…that will change a Child’s Life!
    Cintia@ASavingLove.com | www.asavinglove.com

    ReplyDelete